Wednesday, June 3, 2015

when... home again

So I've finally gotten to writing this post. Part of me just didn't want to conclude everything but another part of me was actually too physically ill to do so. Because, as the final point of my study abroad experience in Europe, my body decided to have a high fever and contract strep throat and mono just to make things more interesting. Which really explains why, during the last couple of days, I felt like such crap and wanted to nap all the time. At least, it was just being tired.

And the thing is, even if spending my first few hours home at patient first and cvs was not what I was exactly expecting, I would do it all. All the trains, and waiting in airports, the food I couldn't pronounce, and language barriers, and all of it. Because to attempt to capture how fulfilling the entire experience was would be close to impossible. Or certainly longer than anything that can be put into this post. Studying abroad in Rome was challenging beyond belief-- it would probably be impossible to understand unless you did it-- but I would do it again, not only for the trips and the sights and things I've seen but the experience as a traveler which I know I'll take with me beyond.

It was easy to remember what I missed home so much these last couple days. Yesterday Nicky graduated salutatorian of his senior class and I was able to have some major family time. Which is what I needed. And even though I'm supposed to be resting all the time and just taking my meds, I'm slowly but surely coming back into the world. And guess what? Home hasn't changed that much. But maybe that's for the best.

This is probably my last blog post unless there's a demand to read about me spending my summer days in the Admission Office and going down the shore. The blog was for me, it was my journal and my way to remember all the people I've met and the places I've been. But if you've read it and enjoyed it, thanks for being part of it all.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I think I got my new travelling destination, so I would plan my next trip out there. You may also use a detailed road map to visit all the places in detail like I did in my last trip out there in Australia when I took the help from an Australia Road Map.

    ReplyDelete